Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Fixing

There are times that I feel overwhelmed with a sense of "I MUST TAKE ON THE WORLD!" While other times I barely have the energy to get out of bed. I see problems and want to take fix them, correct those who are *obviously* wrong, and hear them say "Oh, how could I have ever done this without you??" But the embarrassing reality is, I'm the one needing correcting. I'm the one that needs someone to fix my problems. Time and time again I forget that. Too much time has been sent focusing on the problems of others, for if I point out their flaws surely mine will not come to light. But they do come to light. And that light is not placed just so to make me look good. No, it's a magnifying mirror with bright lights intending on showing all flaws. I am thankful, however, that I serve a God who forgives, loves, skillfully cuts on the flaws, and encourages me to get back up. 

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us. 1 John 1: 8-10


No comments:

Post a Comment